Wednesday 16 April 2014

Task 5a : Codes of Practice & Regulations that guide my setting - inital thoughts.......................

A code of conduct is a set of rules outlining the responsibilities of or proper practises for an individual, party or organisation.
As a registered teacher of the ISTD and RAD I am aware of my responsibility to adhere to their Code of Conduct and demonstrate good practise to maintain standards as per set by them. It is my duty to underpin these regulations into my teaching practise if I endeavour to maintain registration and have the capability to use their name/logos as positive advertisement and promotion for my dance school being connected with a recognised and worldwide organisation when attracting new customers.

Within my own school I provide an Information Booklet on attendance at the school to parents; students and teachers alike so they have a clear understanding of what we promote; how we do this and what are expectations are. Parents are asked to sign relevant documents to encourage home/school relationships that contribute to a positive environment for all concerned.

Within the studio we also have posters aimed at students attending classes which clearly display 'Class Rules'. These compliment expectations laid down by teachers at every lesson and is a visual reminder to both parents and students.

As providers of dance education for both children and young adults, we as teachers have to be very conscious and self-aware of the ethics associated with working within this environment and where the line is drawn between teacher/carer/friend.

I look forward to exploring in more depth how my perception of Codes of Practise in relation to the ISTD and RAD are married together and if two different organisations that I am registeed with can be different if at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment